Monday, October 8, 2012

Mad Mark's Man Sandwich and Frozen Desserts: Mad taste and serving


Last month, my partner and I tried this restaurant I read about in a food blog. Oh, boy, was I glad we did.
Kapitolyo is now known as the food street of the Metro. And so far, it lives up to its promise of having restaurants that offer a wide variety of food that you can try.
Mad Mark’s is a small restaurant near Charlies. It is beside Thai Dara and Poco Deli (I love their red velvet cake).
I came their with my orders already in mind.
The ULTIMATE Man Sandwich
We ordered The Ultimate Man Sandwich (Php290). It was served on a chopping board and just by the looks of it, my partner and I knew that we were in for a treat. Sandwiched in a long toasted bread were pieces of pulled Angus beef, grilled chicken, caramelized onions and lettuce smothered with mozzarella cheese.
Every bite was heaven, to say the least. The beef was tender and juicy while the chicken pieces were not dry. I love the caramelized onions although the lettuce gave a hint of bitterness. I don’t know. Maybe it was just my taste buds being weird.
We also ordered Herbed Parmesan Fries as a side to the sandwich. We just added around Php60 for it. I liked it but my partner found the flavor of the herbs to be too strong.
For dessert, we ordered two scoops of the Half-baked Madagascar home-made ice cream for only Php90. We both loved how it was not too sweet. We also loved the texture that I’m guessing the chocolate chips gave to the ice cream.
The interior looks good as well. It was cozy.

1 comment:

Did this post make you hungry? Tell me what you think! :)