Monday, October 15, 2012

Sorquillos: A sweet (and long) treat

I love sweets. I mean, who doesn't? That was why I was particularly thrilled after seeing this small stall in Lasapin food court in Strata 100 that serves dessert.


Sorquillos offers barquillos with soft-served ice cream inside. We are used to having barquillos as an add-on to our halo-halo. Who ever thought of filling it with sweet ice cream?


For 25 pesos, you get one long barquillos filled with the ice cream flavor of your choice. They have different flavors of ice cream everyday. The first time I went there, the flavors were vanilla and chocolate, or a mix of both. They served chocolate and cookies and cream during my 2nd visit.


It was pretty straightforward. The tube is covered with aluminum foil in one end to prevent the ice cream from dripping and make your hands sticky.

I loved how the rolled paper-thin wafer provided texture to the ice cream. There was nothing really exceptional about it. The ice cream was sweet. The barquillos was crunchy. But they make a pretty great team.

I just wish that the barquillos was toasted a little bit more for a hint of bitterness that I'm sure will work well with the ice cream.

Sorquillos
Lasapin Food Court, Strata 100,
F. Ortigas Jr. Ave., Ortigas,
Pasig City

1 comment:

Did this post make you hungry? Tell me what you think! :)